Sunday, February 26, 2012

Phase 2 progress report

So I am a little late in doing this but nevertheless it is now done.

1. Gain Shakespeare Literacy and here as well
so far in this course I have been exposed to more Shakespeare in more forms of media than I had ever been.  I have learned some historical facts of the Shakespearean era (like how politics could have influenced his writing) and also other works that could have been an influence to the Bard.

2. Analyze Shakespeare Critically / plus this one
With the increased interest that I have gained through my exposure to Shakespeare I have started reading his texts in a different way than I ever did.  I am trying to identify themes that were alluded to in Shakespeare blogs and other sites.

3. Engage Shakespeare creatively
I haven't done too much for the semesters creative project but I have been really interested with modern film adaptations of Shakespeare I would like to plan a project around that but I still need to do some brainstorming.  Part of this learning outcome, however, has been the many different ways that I have been able to enjoy Shakespeare this semester: text, audio, youtube videos, blogger's interpretations, comics etc

4. Share Shakespeare meaningfully
Apart from sharing ideas with other students in the class it has been fun to post on other blogs and receive their responses.  I didn't realize that there was so much digital chatter about Shakespeare everyday.

5. Gain digital literacy
Through this blog and the other blogs that I have found I now feel like I am part of a new learning community that I didn't know existed.  I now feel confident that I can go and find social proof for other academic essays that I undertake because, firstly, I know that it is out there and, secondly, I know some good sites that I can go to jump off to other sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment