Sunday, March 11, 2012

My project proposal

After having read Jake's paper I saw how closely connected our papers were.  I also read his project proposal and liked the idea that he presented.  The main idea of my paper was looking at how Shakespeare skillfully adapted popular stories from his time and made them popular on the emerging medium of the stage.  I then wondered what could be borrowed from Shakespeare's technique to turn popular and/or compelling stories into films.  I have a strong interest in film and I feel that it is the best medium now available for storytelling.  How  ever, I have never seen an academic research paper turned into a creative video.  To me the idea is new and interesting and will definitely present some challenges.  After doing some brainstorming with Jake we feel that the best approach to turn our papers into a creative video would be to combine the ideas from our research papers (they are already closely connected) and turn it into a single personal essay.  From there it would be easier to create a video (probably narrated) presenting our main idea in the most popular and easily accessible medium of film.

Here is recap of our idea:
2 academic essays > 1 personal essay > 1 creative video

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea, I'm excited to see what you guys do.

    ReplyDelete