Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first Shakespeare Blog

I have never had a blog and so this is a new experience for me.  I'm glad that the subject of my blog has been given me because I feel that without it I would have no idea what to write.  Since this is to be blog about Shakespeare (and my experiences with him) I will focus my first post on what I already know and think of Shakespeare.  The majority of my exposure to Shakespeare has come through school.  In the fifth grade I participated in our class rendition of Much ado about Nothing.  After that I can't remember anything else until I was in eight grade and I read Macbeth (although I didn't really understand it due to the the unfamiliar prose).  In High School I read some other plays and we had a unit on poetry that caused me to read a number of Shakespeare's sonnets.  Other than these few instances I have not had any significant exposure to Shakespeare. I obviously respect the things that I have read and learned about him but I hope gain a greater understanding of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment