Thursday, January 12, 2012

I agree with Hansel

I finished The Tempest and I didn't not like it.  Forgive the double negative but that is how I felt about it.  It wasn't something that thrilled me but it wasn't painful either.  I realized that this sums up my attitude towards Shakespeare in general.  I respect all that he did but I don't really take the time to read it.  Talking about this attitude with my brother I was reminded of a clip from the movie Zoolander which I included below.  Pay attention to what Owen Wilson says about Sting towards the end of the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkVQoe2fEEA

Maybe I can come to enjoy Shakespeare during this course.

2 comments:

  1. That is very interesting and hilarious, and I mostly completely agree with Hansel as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He knows what he's talking about, for sure.
    Hansel. He's so hot right now. Hansel.

    ReplyDelete